What to Expect
So you’ve decided you want to talk to someone…..now what? After you call the counseling center to make an appointment what will happen? There are several things you should know…..
1. You need to bring your student ID
2. You need to arrive 15 minutes early to complete paperwork
3. Unless you are coming for couples counseling, come alone, no one else can be in the session
4. Everything we discuss is confidential…the counseling center falls under HIPAA
5. We are a mandated reported…that means we are required to report suspicions of child abuse or neglect, elder abuse, institutional corruption, or if you are a threat to yourself or someone else
When you arrive at the counseling center there will be several intake forms that need to be filled out and signed before you can be seen.