WVU Tech’s Student Health Clinic offers a variety of essential health and wellness services to help students lead healthy lives and attain their educational goals.
Check out our video on the services offered by the clinic:
The clinic is available by appointment only for enrolled WVU Tech students.
In Case of a Medical Emergency
Call 911 or go to the 24-hour Emergency Room located at Raleigh General Hospital.
The WVU Tech Student Health Clinic offers the following services:
- Acute care (e.g. the flu, sinus infections, bronchitis, etc.)
- Allergy shots and immunizations
- Doctor referrals, as appropriate and indicated
- Family Planning Services, including gynecological care, pap and pelvic exams, breast exams, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, contraception (hormonal and non-hormonal methods, including the pill, the ring, the patch, and Depo Provera, the shot), STI testing & treatment, and referrals as appropriate and indicated.
- Flu vaccinations
- Sports physicals, including urinalysis and other tests
- Wellness visits
To schedule a visit, please call 304.929.1241.
Clinic visits are free of charge; however, students are encouraged to bring their insurance card in case there is a need for lab work, x-rays or prescriptions. Your medical fee covers services provided by clinic staff unless medical needs require referral to another healthcare provider. Any expenses incurred outside the clinic is the responsibility of the student.
Appointments are highly recommended, but the clinic will see walk-ins. WVU Tech student IDs are required for all visits.
Patient education is a primary concern of all health services staff and educational materials on health concerns common to the college-age population are provided as a supplement to treatment.
Medical excuses are provided under strict policies; however there will be no backdating for conditions not treated. Students are encouraged to know their instructor’s requirements and expectations regarding class attendance.
Attention: If you experience chronic health issues such as asthma or severe allergies, please schedule an initial visit so that the clinic may establish a treatment plan for emergency situations.