Important Information for Commuter Students
Commuter Lounge/Study Spaces
The Commuter Lounge is an area for commuter students to go between classes! Click on the link to learn more!
There are also a wide variety of other places to hang out and study on campus. Below is a list of just a few:
- Innovation | Room 111 and Room 207
- Life Sciences | Room 115
- Administrative & Extension Building | Lobby near Room 410 and Room 402
- Interdisciplinary Sciences building | Room 107
- Classroom building | Room 110
- LRC 2nd floor | Learning Commons, not only do we have a lot of study tables, but we have (6) private rooms that can used for group projects or private study rooms
- Benedum | lower floor has 2 meeting rooms plus the BEAR that can be utilize nearly all day and into the night
- Campus Map
Tutoring is available and encouraged for all WVU Tech students. All tutoring is free and encouraged for all students who feel as if you are falling behind in your classes.
There are two places you can get tutoring.
- The Student Success Center offers tutoring for all students. Please click on the link for more information on how to access tutoring for you.
- TRIO Student Support Services offers tutoring for members of their programming. Please click on the link for more information on what subjects they tutor for and how to schedule an appointment.
The WVU Tech Writing Center provides assistance for writing assignments for all courses offered. They are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please click on the link to make an appointment and check out the times they are open!
For commuter students, parking is a very important part of coming to campus. If you need a parking pass, please go to the WVU Tech Parking Permits page and follow the instructions to request a permit. Students are only allowed to park in lots marked as "Permit Parking Only" if students park in any other spots, they will be at risk of a ticket. For a map to view all the available lots on campus, please click here
Events on Campus
There is plenty to do at WVU Tech and most of it is available to all students. The Campus Calendar is a great way to see what is happening on campus. To access it, please click on the link above and discover what is happening on campus
Cheering on your fellow Golden Bears is always a great way to relax between classes and all sporting events are free for students to attend. All of our athletic teams compete either on campus or in the Beckley area. For more information about the