The purpose of the WVU Tech CARE Team is to ensure a timely and coordinated university response to students whose behavior is disruptive to others around the student by way of raising alarm, fear or other concern, or reflects a credible potential for harm to self or others.
The WVU Tech CARE Team supplements but does not replace existing University processes:
- Allegations of criminal activity are forwarded to the WVU Tech Police Department or other law enforcement agency (in cases of behavior alleged to have occurred off-campus).
- Alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct are referred to The Conduct Officer. Mental or bodily harm to others is a violation of The Student Code of Conduct.
- Allegations of harassment are addressed in the manner described in Title IX and complaints are forwarded to the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Grievances and appeals of various sorts are handled according to the policies described in The Student Handbook, The Faculty/Staff Handbook, and the Code of Conduct.
- Students, faculty or staff with interpersonal conflicts or other disputes can seek assistance, guidance and support through the Office of the Human Resources.